advertisement

FIFA.com caught up with Spain’s Aday Sanchez, who qualified for the FIFA Interactive World Cup 2015 Grand Final through Online Season 1, for a brief discussion about becoming one of the first players to qualify for the main event in Munich!

“It still seems impossible that a guy like me, who was barely playing the play, was lucky enough to be in the top two,” Aday Sanchez told FIFA.com. “I played whenever I had time and somehow just playing and having fun turned into the chance to play against the best players in the world at the Grand Final!"

A student from the city of Las Palmas in the Canary Islands, Aday’s qualification ensures a Spanish presence at yet another Grand Final. To date, Spain has won two FIWC world titles (2008, 2012), both of which belong to Alfonso Ramos from Madrid.

“I think this game is the most complete and closest to real football,” said Aday, commenting on EA SPORTS™ FIFA 15. The 2015 Grand Finalist has only been playing the FIFA-series for five years, but has already accomplished what millions of virtual footballers dream of, securing a seat at the tournament showpiece for the world’s largest gaming tournament.

For the 19-year old, anything he achieves at the Grand Final in Munich is a bonus. “Just by qualifying for the Grand Final, I feel that my goal for the FIWC has already achieved,” he said, “Now I can just think about enjoying this experience and having the best time possible.”

While there is still a long qualification journey ahead, before the world’s best 20 players will meet in Munich, Aday is mentally focused on the task at hand. “Being myself, not letting the nerves get to me and having a great experience in Munich. That's my mindset going into the Grand Final,” he said.